meandering creativity, symbols and emotion

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Panoramic View of our Living Room

We have a fairly small house. It's less than 1300 square feet; in Texas it's not uncommon for couples to have 3000 square feet.

I enjoy looking down on these people because I live in a smaller house; it means I have less stuff. And I get to crawl up on this moral highground because I am above all of their sprawling bullshit.

But I am materialistic. And most of the stuff I consume just happen to be smaller. And as you can see from this photo I'm also pretty cluttered.

2 comments:

  1. we moved from 1000 sq ft down to 520sq ft

    that was quite a difference....

    we're hoping to move up to 700 sq ft this summer! so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, we're some of those people you look down on, as we moved from 1500 sq ft to about 3000 last year. While I love the extra space, I must say part of me misses the smaller house a bit. I definitely don't miss being in the heart of the city though. Things move a bit slower up here...more relaxed, and I love that.

    ReplyDelete

older